- DS1307 real time clock chip from Maxim Integrated Products
- Date calendar function with up to 2100
- automatic leap year support
- freely available 56 bytes RAM, battery powered with unlimited write cycles
- 5V supply voltage
- I²C interface
- ATMEL 24C32 EEPROM chip with 32 kbit memory
- additional possibility to equip a Dallas DS18B20 temperature sensor (sometimes already on the board)
- CR2032 lithium-ion battery, 5 years – or longer – term
This tiny RTC module is based on the clock chip DS1307 which supports the I2C protocol. It uses a Lithium cell battery (CR2032). The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date,month, and year information. The end of the month date is automatically adjusted for months with fewer than 31 days, including corrections for leap year. The clock operates in either the 24-hour or 12-hour format with AM/PM indicator.
The Tiny RTC breakout board with the DS1307 real time clock chip from Maxim Integrated Products allows time-and date-dependent circuits with the Arduino or other microprocessor environments. Data logger, timer or alarm clock are just some example applications. In addition, the board has an ATMEL 24C32 EEPROM chip with 32 Kbits memory and still the ability to add a separate temperature sensor (DS18B20).
Please note that this module not include the battery, the picture with the battery is just to show you how it connects.
PCB is 27mm * 28mm * 8.4mm
Same real time clock module as used on PI36, BBB36+, Octoscrolla and is also used as a RTC for Arduino, Beaglebone Black and Raspberry Pi.