- USB client for power and communications
- 2 x 46 pin headers
- USB host
- Ethernet and HDMI interface
- 512MB DDR3 RAM
- 4GB 8bit eMMC on board flash storage
- Optional on board 20 pin CTI JTAG, serial header
- Most BeagleBone capes are cross compatible
The BeagleBone Green is a lower cost alternative. http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/product/beaglebone-green/
The only difference between the BBG and BBB is that the BBG has that mini hdmi port removed and has some sensor headers added. Unless you are specifically after video output then the BBG will be suitable for anything that the BBB is used for. eg HE123 and Octoscrolla
The Falcon Player image needed can be downloaded from https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/ . It is the FPP-v*.*-BBB.img.zip that you will need rather than the Pi image.
Older versions of FPP can be found/downloaded from the link https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/tag/*.* where the *.* is actually a release number like 4.6.