Raspberry Pi Adapter PCB to support 2 2811 strings, 1 2801 string and 1 DMX output
- Supports 2 2811 pixel outputs
- Supports 1 2801 pixel output
- Supports 1 non-isolated DMX outputs
- Runs under Falcon Player (FPP)
- Has 75HC245 to level shift signals from Raspberry Pi 3.3V logic to 5V logic
- Can power cape and Raspberry Pi from 5V or 12V input
- Uncommitted connection to GPIO pins for external use. Powering down, starting show, changing sequence etc.
- Mounting holes to suit Pi 2, Pi 3 and Pi Zero
- Real Time Clock (RTC) for show scheduling
- Supplied with M2.5 Nylon spacers to separate the Pi and rPi-28D
- 3 uncommitted power inputs for the 3 pixel outputs. Can be fused prior to rPi-28D. 5V and/or 12V pixels can be connected
Note: Raspberry Pi, SD or micro SD card and USB thumbdrive are not supplied. Included in photos to show the application.
A Class 10 SD/Micro SD card is recommended and 4-16GB is the recommended size range.
The rPi-28D requires a Raspberry Pi (2, 3, 4 or Zero) running Falcon Player and configured with channels, sequences and channel output settings (as above) must be configured.
The installation procedure for Falcon Player (FPP) and the download is at https://github.com/FalconChristmas/fpp/releases/ . The image to be downloaded will be FPP-v*.*-Pi.img.zip where *.* is the version. The latest version at at the top of the page.
Support for Falcon Player is at http://falconchristmas.com/forum/
The FPP user manual is at https://falconchristmas.github.io/FPP_Manual.pdf
User manual Ver 1.1 (suits FPP 1.9->2.x )
An updated but still incomplete user manual for the rPi-28D+ to suit FPP4.x rPi-28D-plus-user-manual-V1.1-prelim . The setup for the rPi-28D is the same with the exception of the fuses.
Jeff at Canispater Christmas put together the above review and guide to the board. The full video shows you some light tips and some info on what’s happening in his life. Note that the video shows an obsolete version of Falcon Player.