Raspberry Pi Adapter PCB to support 2 2811 strings, 1 2801 string and 1 DMX output
- Supports 2 2811 pixel outputs
- Supports 1 2801 pixel output
- Supports 1 non-isolated DMX outputs
- Runs under Falcon Player (FPP)
- Has 75HC245 to level shift signals from Raspberry Pi 3.3V logic to 5V logic
- Can power cape and Raspberry Pi from 5V or 12V input
- Uncommitted connection to GPIO pins for external use. Powering down, starting show, changing sequence etc.
- Mounting holes to suit Pi 2, Pi 3 and Pi Zero
- Real Time Clock (RTC) for show scheduling
- Supplied with M2.5 Nylon spacers to separate the Pi and rPi-28D
- 3 fused power inputs for the 3 pixel outputs. 5V , 12V and/or 24V pixels can be connected
- Supplied with 3 7.5A ATO automotive fuses
Note: Raspberry Pi, SD or micro SD card and USB thumbdrive are not supplied. Included in photos to show the application.
A Class 10 SD/Micro SD card is recommended and 2-4GB is the recommended size range.
- See pictures below for setting locations and settings for WS2801, WS2811 and DMX
The rPi-28D+ requires a Raspberry Pi (2, 3 or Zero) running Falcon Player and configured with channels, sequences and channel output settings (as above) must be configured.
The installation procedure for Falcon Player (FPP) is below.
The installation process for FPP 2.x is different but is linked from the above link.
User manual Ver 1.1 (suits rPi-28D. rPi28D works the same but has fusing)
Jeff at Canispater Christmas put together the above review of the rPi-28D and guide to the board. The full video shows you some light tips and some info on what’s happening in his life. The rPi-28D and rPi-28D+ are functionally identical with the latter having onboard fuse.